About Hebron Colony Men's Division
Faith Based Rehab for Men.
There is no charge, but one must have a willing spirit.
They require that a man or a woman come drug free or sober (at least 5 days and on the day of arrival) of their own free will, earnestly desiring permanent victory, and that they remain for a period of ten weeks.
All students must be willing to cooperate in the work program.
Applicants must be at least 20 years of age. They must first complete and submit an application.
Medical test results and a sponsor's signature are also required before entrance into the program.
1. Each person is carefully interviewed and disciple; the entire personality is considered as the endeavor to meet the needs of an individual.
2. No addictive or habit forming substances are allowed.
3. There are daily Bible classes, informal discussion groups, several weekly worship services, and scripture memorization.
4. As a practical hands on teaching of God's Word, students are assigned daily work appropriate to their skills and physical condition. Assignments are directed toward maintenance of the facility and provision of food from the garden. Two local thrift stores in Boone and one in Mountain City are also a part of the operation in which the students participate.
5. In the Hebron Colony Ministries environment, distractions are shut out freeing the mind to reflect upon what is being learned. Immediate family does not visit for two weeks.
6. With a limited enrollment a personal, family atmosphere is maintained.
7. Through fellowship with others who have the same problem...understanding, encouragement and support are provided.
8. A difference in mental attitude, a spirit of thankfulness instead of reproach fulness, and a spirit of victory instead of defeat prevails at Hebron Colony Ministries.
9. Individual counseling is available upon request.
10. A schedule disciplines individuals in matters of punctuality, responsibility, hygiene, etc.
11. A fully equipped gymnasium in Boone is available for the enjoyment of the male students. This includes weight lifting equipment, billiard table, table tennis, basketball, volleyball, and badminton. Homemaking and craft classed are offered in Santee.
Do not offer medical or psychiatric services.
Even though the program is spiritual, they are not interested in merely giving a person more religion.
To begin the application process for admission into the ten week program, the prospective student needs to call and speak with a staff person.
Upon receipt of the application, the Admissions Director will call the prospective student to give him/her an entrance date.
He/she is then required to call in weekly to remain on the waiting list.
Hebron Colony Ministries can house 34 men in Dillard Hall and the Hebron House.
Each man has at least one roommate.
There are also staff members and extended students who stay on the premises.
In order to come and stay on "the mountain," a man must have a willing spirit and an honest desire to learn to live a Christian life.
The love and spirit of brotherhood that students experience here forges life-long friendships for many graduates.
A ten-week stay at Hebron can be the most rejuvenating and rewarding experience a man can experience.
Through Chapel services, one-on-one counseling with our pastors and staff, and thought-provoking Bible studies, men can leave the mountain with a deep understanding of Christ's plan of salvation as well as scriptural life-application that can help them to be victorious in Christ.
Is this treatment center really free?
Most of the listings on this website are free; however, we decided it would also be helpful for our visitors to see sliding scale treatment centers (which are based on your income and you can qualify for free treatment) and low cost rehab centers for low income persons.