The Drug Education Council offers intensive prevention and educational services:
Individualized or Family Counseling
- These are provided upon request to anyone dealing with the trauma of addition. The DEC staff informally assesses a client’ condition and assists in interventions as needed. Referrals for long-term therapy and more extensive treatment are also provided.
- Frequently provided at the request of school counselors and administrators or in response to developments within the juvenile justice system. This kind of specialized service delivery has evolved out of the Drug Education Council’s commitment to respond to the unique needs of the many populations we serve.
- The Drug Education Council Staff conducts presentations for educations, businesses and civic organizations. These programs are tailored to meet the specific needs and interest of each host group.
- A parent-driven program that educates families and builds relationships to keep our community aware of the dangerous consequences of underage drinking and drug abuse. This program encourages parents to have effective conversations about facts and situations that will empower our youth to make smart choices in a challenging world. The Drug Education Council provides support and identifies resources for programs requested.
- The Drug Education Council offers free drug testing for Juveniles in an effort to help parents to encourage their children to stay drug free.
- We have an extensive resource and reference library available to the public at our office. You may stop by our office and check out resources (print and audio/visual) and receive information.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Services: Alcohol/ Drug Trmt; National Treatment Referrals; Substance Abuse Hotlines;
Fees: No fee
Is this treatment center really free?
Most of the listings on this website are free; however, we decided it would also be helpful for our visitors to see sliding scale treatment centers and low cost rehab centers for low income persons.